Duralac Green Jointing Compound 25ml
This item is worth 60 Marine Miles points!
Duralac Green has low water solubility and does not erode over time, even when under high flowing water pressures. With fantastic adhesion properties to a variety of substrates combined with it's rugged yet flexible make up, it has very low water absorption as well. When stored at under 20 degrees C it boasts a two year shelf from the date it's dispatched, once opened the remaining Duralac Green will form a skin.
Duralac Green is invaluable for use in sealing joints between different metals, including magnesium and its alloys. When the materials of a structure are different, the parts that are to be joined, Duralac Green becomes essential to prevent corrosion. Parts made of the same metals that come into contact with each other will also benefit from using Duralac Green to prevent corrosion.
A highly flexible product it can be used for
- Between aluminium alloy plates, extrusions and bolts or rivets used in building applications
- For marine applications where corrosion is accelerated by saltwater concentration
- In aereospace where rivets and bolts are secured into aluminium plates
- In close proximity to the sea where a salt laden atmosphere will meet with structures and set up electroytic cells
- In general engineering applications where dissimilar contact cannot be avoided
- In vehicle building where aluminium alloy contacts steel
Duralac Green comes supplied ready to use and should not be thinned out. Best applied by using a brush, when applied the volatile solvent evaporates and the compound sets but may remain tacky for a good period. All joints should be closed whilst the surface is sticky to make sure that under pressure it will move to close any gaps in the joint. It will harden if thin enough, and left for long enough exposed to the atmosphere and will prevent a fully sealed closure to a joint.
No Reviews Yet!