Epifanes Rubbed Effect Varnish 500ml
You save: £2.15 (9.71%)
Marinestore miles reward your loyalty with future discounts at the checkout. 200 miles earned equal a £1 reward discount. T&C’s apply - click here
This item is worth 100 Marine Miles points!
- Provides a rich, hand rubbed finish to interior surfaces.
- It has a hard, abrasion and alcohol resistant finish that gives years of beautiful protection to all marine woods.
- Finest results from bare wood are obtained by applying this varnish over a build up of three coats of Epifanes Gloss Varnish or Epifanes Woodfinish Gloss.
- Begin with a clean surface well sanded to 220 grit smoothness.
- Seal by thinning the first coat of Epifanes Gloss or Woodfinish Gloss 50% with Epifanes Brush Thinner for Paint and Varnish.
- Apply a second sealer coat, thinned 25%.
- Apply a third coat, thinned 10-15%. Allow 24 hours between coats.
- For maximum grain filling, apply one more additional coat of either Gloss Varnish or Woodfinish Gloss, thinned 0-5%.
- Apply one or two coats of Rubbed Effect Varnish.
- Sand lightly with 320 grit paper between coats.
- Prepare the surface with 320 grit sandpaper.
- Degrease with Epifanes Spray Thinner for Paint and Varnish or denatured alcohol to remove any oil or waxes that may have been used on the existing finish.
- Apply one or two coats of Epifanes Rubbed Effect Varnish.
- When a decrease in the quality of the finish is noticed, sand the surface with 320 grit paper and apply one or two fresh coats.
- Sand with 32 grit paper between coats.
- Allow 24 hours between coats.
- Use denatured alcohol or Epifanes Spray Thinner for Paint and Varnish to clean and degrease the surface and a tack cloth to remove sanding dust prior to application.
- Stir well prior to use.
- Do NOT over brush Epifanes finishes during application.
- If required, thin up to 5% with Epifanes Brush Thinner for Paint and Varnish.
4.50/5 Stars out of 2 Reviews
Leeske | March 28th, 2013
Quality Varinsh gives interion matt finish
lochinvar | September 24th, 2014
Love this varnish for interior finish.