Epifanes Woodfinish Gloss Varnish For Teak 1 Litre
You save: £6.01 (13.36%)
Marinestore miles reward your loyalty with future discounts at the checkout. 200 miles earned equal a £1 reward discount. T&C’s apply - click here
This item is worth 195 Marine Miles points!
- Clear, high gloss finish suitable for all types of wood.
- Because of it's microscopic porosity properties, this finish ensures good adhesion on oily and vaporous woods like teak and iroco (not suitable for bankirai).
- Due to its unique formulation, this finish does not require sanding between coats (provided recoating occurs within 72 hours).
- For use on bare wood and/ or the maintenance of existing, intact oil or varnish systems.
- It is compatible with conventional varnish.
- Woodfinish Gloss provides a quick, easy approach to a superior, high gloss finish without sacrificing integrity or longevity.
- Provides maximum UV protection in all climates.
- Clean wood and sand surface using 180 grit dry abrasive paper.
- Degrease thoroughly with Epifanes Spray Thinner for Paint and Varnish, or other suitable degreaser and allow to evaporate completely.
- Remove all dust.
- Do not use water!
- On bare wood, apply first coat thinned 25%.
- Apply an additional 4-5 coats thinned 0-5% allowing 24 hours cure time (65F) between coats.
- On bare wood, apply first coat thinned 50% allowing 24 hours cure time and sand with 280 grit dry abrasive paper.
- Apply second coat thinned 25% allowing 24 hours cure time and sand with 320 grit dry abrasive paper.
- Apply third second coat thinned 10% allowing 24 hours cure.
- Apply at least an additional 5 coats thinned 0-5% allowing 24 hours cure time between coats.
- Sanding before final coat (400 wet) is recommended to maximize the overall appearance of the finish.
- Stir well prior to use.
- Do NOT over brush Epifanes finishes.
- May be over coated with Epifanes Woodfinish Matte, Clear Varnish., Rubbed Effect Interior Varnish or Aqua marine Interior Varnish.
- Epifanes Woodfinish appears milky in the can, but dries clear.
- When a decrease in the quality of the finish is noticed, sand the surface with 320 grit paper and apply one or two fresh coats.
- Epifanes Brush Thinner for Paint and Varnish or a good quality mineral spirit or turpentine. Spray thinner for Paint and Varnish.
5.00/5 Stars out of 4 Reviews
adrianpearce | July 20th, 2012
I have used many different varnishes but Epifanes is the most user friendly and easiest varnish I have used and the finish is outstanding.
firstname.lastname@example.org | December 8th, 2012
A beautiful finish and really brings out the colour in the wood. I will be using again.
zakzak123 | December 10th, 2012
First class product. Easy to work with.
lochinvar | September 24th, 2014
Used to revarnish our teak topsides and it's amazing: looks good and already feels solid after 4 coats. Highly recommended for very oily tropical timbers like teak or iroko.