Hempel Light Primer 2.5 Litre
This item is worth 360 Marine Miles points!
Blakes Hempel's Light Primer is a two pack, high build, solvent based primer and undercoat for the protection of all substrates above and below the waterline. Particularly suitable for aluminium and as a primer for keels and rudders.
Preparation and Applications:
- Ensure all surfaces are clean, oil free and dry.
- Clean with Degreaser or Surface Cleaner.
- Stir all products well before use.
- If overcoating times are exceeded, abrade the surface and wash off with fresh water.
- Abrade to remove loose matter and provide a suitable key.
- Wash surface with fresh water and allow to dry.
- Apply Epoxy Primer Undercoat as required, followed by the relevant topcoat..
- Prime porous surfaces with one coat of Epoxy Primer Undercoat thinned 20% with Thinners No.5.
- Then apply 5 coats or Epoxy Primer Undercoat before applying the required top coat or tie coat.
- Thinners can be added to assist application under certain conditions.
- Mix ratio is 2 parts base to 1 part curing agent by volume.
- Thoroughly mix the base, add the curing agent and stir well.
- For best results allow mixed paint to rest for several minutes before use to allow air bubbles to escape.
Thinners and Tool Cleaner: Thinners No.5 (brush/ roller/ pad) up to 10%, (spray) up to 40%
Coverage: 8.5m²/ 1L
Minimum application temperature: 5ºC- 40ºC
|Temperature ||Touch Dry ||Overcoating Time |
|Minimum ||Maximum |
|10ºC- 50ºC||4 hours ||8 hours||60 days |
|20ºC- 68ºC||2 hours||4 hours||30 days|
For more detailed information on painting and additional product information please telephone Blakes on 01489 864440. For Safety Data Sheets; please click here for main part, and here for the curing agent.
No Reviews Yet!