Hempel Primer Undercoat 2.5 Litre
This item is worth 205 Marine Miles points!
Hempel's / Blakes Primer Undercoat is a quick drying, high opacity primer excellent durability and surface stability in preparation for overcoating with single pack systems. Suitable as an above water primer for all substrates (especially steel) and as an undercoat for Brilliant Enamel. For above the waterline.
Preparation and Applications:
- Ensure all surfaces are clean, oil free and dry.
- Clean with Surface Cleaner.
- Stir all products well before use.
- If overcoating times are exceeded, abrade the surface and wash off with fresh water.
- Abrade to remove loose matter and provide a suitable key.
- Wash surface with fresh water and allow to dry.
- Apply 2 coats of Primer Undercoat and overcoat with Brilliant Enamel.
- Metal apply 5-7 coats.
- GRP apply 2 coats.
- Wood, seal with 1 coat thinned up to 20% with no.1 thinners then apply 2-4 coats.
- Overcoat with Brilliant Enamel.
- Thinners can be added to assist application under certain conditions.
Thinners and Tool Cleaner: Thinners No.1 (brush/ roller/ pad) up to 5%, (spray) up to 15%
Coverage: 11m²/ 1L
Minimum application temperature: 5ºC- 40ºC
|Temperature ||Touch Dry ||Overcoating Time |
|Minimum ||Maximum |
|10ºC- 50ºC||6 hours ||8 hours||6 days |
|20ºC- 68ºC||3 hours||4 hours||3 days|
For more detailed information on painting and additional product information please telephone Blakes on 01489 864440. For Safety Data Sheet please click here.
No Reviews Yet!