McMurdo Smartfind M15 AIS Receiver
This item is worth 880 Marine Miles points!
Designed especially for leisure craft with AIS capable software on their on-board PC, or chart plotter, the Smartfind M15 receives AIS messages and can see other vessels, using AIS, within VHF range, to assist with collision avoidance.
The Smartfind M15 brings important safety advantages of the Automatic Identification System (AIS) to a wider range of vessels than ever before. This AIS dual channel receiver runs on 12v or 24v DC, it has an NMEA 0183 and a USB interface for link up to your navigational instruments or Chart plotters.
This small black box is the main brain of AIS, it receives the information from an external mounted VHF antenna and calculates the information and send this to your display. The LED's display on the top of the box gives you the indication that it has power, an error or that it is receiving AIS.
If you want to use your exiting VHF antenna you will need to purchase a separate item called a VHF/AIS splitter box. The Glomex AIS Splitter (MTRA201-AIS) or the Comar AIS Splitter (SM119ASR100) can be found on our website using the search box and we can recommend either of these.
- Operating temperature: -15 degrees C or -55 degrees F
- Waterproof: IPX2 (store in a dry place)
- Dimensions: W 128 x H 36 x D 88 mm
- Number of AIS receivers: 2 in total CH-1 161.975 MHz CH-2 162.025MHz
- Power Supply: 12 - 24V DC
- Power consumption: less than 3 Watt at 12V
- Interface: VHF Antenna Connector Female PL259, NMEA 0183 and USB 2.0 supported