Icom MXA-5000 Dual Channel AIS Marine Receiver
You save: £55.00 (18.33%)
Marinestore miles reward your loyalty with future discounts at the checkout. 200 miles earned equal a £1 reward discount. T&C’s apply - click here
This item is worth 1225 Marine Miles points!
The Icom MXA-5000 dual channel Automatic Identification System (AIS) receiver allows boat owners to receive AIS information (both Class A and Class B AIS signals) on two channels simultaneously and outputs this real-time information to a computer, radar or a chart plotter, thus aiding navigation and collision avoidance. AIS provides a vessel's navigation information, in real-time, to the vessel traffic center such as Port Control of Coastguard Centre or other nearby ships by using digital data over VHF channels. SOLAS vessels are obligated to install an AIS transponder under SOLAS regulations. An AIS transponder sends navigation information such as:
- Vessel details: Vessel call sign, name, MMSI number, dimensions, type.
- Voyage related information: cargo type, destination and estimated time of arrival.
- Dynamic information: latitude/ longitude position, course over ground, speed over ground, heading, rate of turn, navigational status.
- Since AIS was introduced it has been rapidly taken up as an essential safety aid. Today with the introduction of the MXA-5000 dual channel AIS receiver, owners of leisure and small craft can benefit from this safety technology.
- Ideal for a wide range of users, these include leisure and commercial boat owners, professional maritime users such as port management, harbour masters, marina management and anyone with an interest in maritime/shipping activity.
- Dual channel receive capability, The MXA-5000 receives both channel 87B (161.975MHz) and channel 88B (162.025MHz) simultaneously which improves the accuracy of data received. This dual channel receive capability makes the MXA-5000 more flexible for obtaining AIS information from transmitters that operate on only one of the AIS channels.
- Third party navigation equipment connection, the MXA-5000 has an IEC 61162-1 standard (38,400 bps) interface that uses a RS-422 balanced connection for third party navigation equipment. This allows navigation equipment such as a radar or GPS chartplotter, which accept the VDM sentence format, to show the AIS data on the display.
- PC connection, the MXA-5000 has an RS-232C unbalanced connection for PC connection. When used with AIS plotter software, the MXA-5000 allows you to monitor vessels traffic from a PC whether on land or sea.
- GPS input, when installing the MXA-5000 to a vessel, the MXA-5000 can be connected between GPS receiver and navigation equipment for data input and output. The GPS position information such as RMC, GGA, GNS and GLL formats can be multiplexed with AIS data (VDM format).
- Built in antenna splitter, if you already have a radio antenna installed, there's no need for adding additional antennas, or to buy expensive after market splitters. The MXA-5000 splits the input signal for RX and protects itself when the radio transmits.
- Compact size and light weight body, the MXA-5000 has a width 132 × height 34 × depth 155 mm dimensions and weighs only 400g for easy and flexible installation.
- Please Note: To use the MXA-5000 with a Raymarine product you will need to purchase a multiplexer.
No Reviews Yet!