Nasa AIS Engine
This item is worth 600 Marine Miles points!
The unit can receive ships on either the A or B AIS channels. In default setting it alternates between the two channels. The AIS engine can also be used with plotters or other PC software that have an AIS input facility. Check compatibility with your software supplier. An NMEA 0183HS input at 38,400 baud is required to accept the VDM AIS strings corresponding to ITU-1371.If your PC does not have a spare 9 pin serial port a low cost serial to USB converter is available as an optional extra. The AIS Engine 3 is supplied with a free copy of 'SeaClear' and a trial version of Software on Board. A data cable to connect to the 9 pin serial port of a PC and a 12 volt power cable
- Operating frequencies: 162.025 and 161.975 MHz
- Supply voltage: 10 to 16 volts DC
- Supply current: 43 mA
- All class A and B AIS Messages relayed
- Antenna input: 50 ohm BNC
- Data connector: 9 pin 'D' type
- Mounting: via two moulded flanges
- Dimensions: 115 x 100 x 30 mm
- Output format: NMEA 0183 (38400 Baud)
- VDM encapsulation string conforming to ITU-1371
- NMEA RMC from GPS
- Supplied with Software, fused power cable and data cable (Various receiver parameters are factory preset but can be altered from the PC if software is available.)
No Reviews Yet!